Facebook allows you to lock your profile through the Android app but there is a workaround for doing the same via a laptop/desktop. For the privacy and security of users’ profiles, Facebook introduced the “Facebook Profile Lock” option. Read the complete article to know how to lock a Facebook profile?
Facebook provides its users a host of privacy options, including the ability for one step of extra protection by lock your profile.
If one user locks their profile then only the added friends on the list can see your profile photo and other details. Those who are not on your friend list cannot see your profile. This Facebook profile lock feature provides one layer of extra security. A locked profile will show timeline photos, posts, profile pictures, and cover photos, stories, and new posts only to people who are on their friends’ list.
According to Facebook: The ability to lock Facebook profile is a feature designed for people in India, especially for women, who want more control over their Facebook experience in terms of privacy of their data,” Facebook had said at the time of launch.
If you wish to lock your Facebook profile, you can either do it from the Facebook mobile app or from your desktop/laptop browser, however, it should be noted that the desktop version of Facebook does not have the option to lock your profile as of now but few workarounds you can check and implement. Also, this feature is limited to the Android application. Continue reading to know how you can lock Facebook profile photo and details:
Steps to Lock Facebook profile via Android mobile app
To lock Facebook profile via the Android mobile app follow the below-given steps:
- Download and install the Facebook mobile app from Google Play Store.
- Login to your account
- Open the Facebook app and tap on your profile
- Tap the three-dot menu icon next to ‘Add to Story’
- Here, you should see a Lock Profile option, tap on it
- The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom, click on it.
- You should see a pop-up that says ‘You Locked Your Profile’, tap on OK.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Laptop and iOS Devices?
If you want to lock your Facebook profile on desktop or laptop iOS Devices then you can follow the given methods:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/
- In the URL, replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so that the URL becomes ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename’
- It will take you to a mobile version of Facebook on your desktop/laptop browser
- Click on the three-dot menu next to the Edit Profile option
- In the three-dot menu, you should see the Lock Profile option, click on it and lock your profile.
- Your profile is now locked, check now.
Conclusion – Facebook is an excellent social media platform for global communication. As the world is getting more concerned about data privacy and confidentiality; it is time to protect Facebook accounts for good. Locking your profile secures your personal data from hackers and unknown people.